uncover CUSTOMER behavior that leadS TO RIGHT FIT solutions
Context-Based Research GROUP
- Context was founded by cultural anthropologists Robbie and Belinda Blinkoff.
- Context cut its teeth in advertising, marketing, branding and web design.
- Key to its early success was "anthrojob.com" a database to attract a sustainable global force of high quality observers.
- Observational research, or ethnography, is at the center of what we do -- which means the customer is at the center of all we do.
- Very quickly Context embraced its role as strategic innovators and problem solvers – offering business critical insight to clients.
- We feel very fortunate to get to do what we love for so long and to continue to serve as a strategic resource for so many incredible people and organizations.
- Robbie is the Managing Director at Context.
- Robbie sees all projects through from beginning to end.
- Awards include Fast Company’s Fast 50, Baltimore’s 40 under 40, and Washington’s Association for Practicing Anthropology’s Praxis Award.
- Appearances include CBS News and the CBS Early Show and in Inc., Wired, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, Newsweek, Newsday, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Philadelphia Inquirer, and many other publications.
- Speaking engagements include: Sun Microsystems, Adobe, Universal Pictures, Yahoo!, The National Restaurant Association, Visit California, and TEDx.
- Robbie did his dissertation research in Papua New Guinea along with Belinda.
- Strategist, analyst, cultural anthropologist and ethnographer, Belinda is a co-founder at Context.
- Belinda was instrumental in creating the initial research designs for Context.
- She also headed up the creation of Context’s anthrojob.com -- an online database that enabled Context to work with a team of ethnographers across the world.
- Belinda works closely with recruiters to ensure sample integrity as well as working on all aspects of projects from management to analysis to report creation.
- Belinda’s worked across all categories of business from pharmaceuticals to CPGs.
- Belinda did her dissertation research in Papua New Guinea along with Robbie.